Thursday, July 06, 2006

Journal 7

Journal 7 – July 5, 2006

I’m starting to get to know some of these people pretty well, or at least parts of them. Like MW’s knee which I’ve pumped full of Synvisc twice now or SG’s gouty toe. Funny, I don’t always remember names but I can remember problems. I bumped into a patient in the lounge one evening and again in the grocery store the next day. We had good, long conversations but I just couldn’t pull his name up from my memory. All I could remember was that he survived bladder cancer and has a stoma. Just running out of space I guess. I don’t know how I’m going to squeeze another year of classes in there.

We had a great 4th of July here. Thankfully, nobody got hurt. The pager didn’t go off once. It gave us plenty of time to stuff ourselves full of burgers and ice cream and then blow a bunch of stuff up. Dr. Wright is a completely different person around a bag full of fireworks. The only bad part about last night was getting up at 5 this morning to go do rounds.

No comments: